Technology People Group Pty Ltd, including Technology People Brisbane, Technology People Queensland and Technology People Victoria (ABN 22 154 187 489) and Technology People Melbourne Pty Ltd (ABN 11 635 823 933) are fully committed to safeguarding personal information collected from applicants when they initially register with us, when we evaluate their skills, when we match them to jobs and when we put them forward to our customers both locally and internationally.
When candidates become our employees or contractors, any personal information collected or generated as a result of our relationship is also safeguarded and to the best of our abilities, protected from access by unauthorised individuals.
We will only ask for and record, personal information that will help us to place candidates into jobs that we hope are best suited to them, and we will not pass on any personal information without the consent of the candidate or the referee. Personal information passed to us by clients will be treated in the same way. By providing your details to us, you request us to contact you, either by phone, email or SMS, to make you aware of new career and job opportunities or other information relating to this.
Information collected by us will not be sold, rented or licensed to anyone else. When the information is no longer of use to us, we will destroy it in a manner that protects the privacy of the individual. Likewise, you have the option of having your details deleted from our databases at any time, all you need to do is contact us correctly to request this (see below).
We aim to protect data transmitted to us over the internet but because such transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we do not warrant the security of personal information transmitted in this way, but we will make every effort to make it secure on our own systems.
Personal information held by us is available for review by the individual in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act by contacting us to make this request.
Collection of Personal and Sensitive Information
We only want you to give us personal information that is relevant to the job you are applying for or that you want us to use in finding you a future job. If you provide such information we understand you want us to use it for this purpose. If you give us more than that we will not use it in our dealings with our clients on your behalf without your permission.
Personal information will be collected from you directly when you submit an application through our website (or paper form etc.) and personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- We take a formal reference about you;
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- We receive feedback on your performance (whether positive or negative);
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved; and
- You provide us with any additional information about yourself.
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible placement in a contract, casual or permanent job;
- Your performance appraisals;
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- Our (or our client’s) identification of your training needs;
- Any workplace rehabilitation;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved; and
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Our clients and your potential and actual employers;
- Our associated companies and subsidiaries;
- Our insurers;
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- A Workers Compensation body;
- Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers.
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
You can gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong.
The Privacy Act sets out your rights to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you require details of the information we hold or have any questions in relation to this please contact Dominic Dufaur on +61 (0)2 9037 0300 during office hours (9am – 5pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays) and we will do our best to assist.